This blog is proudly sponsored by Caron's Musings
- First and foremost, happy birthday to the lovely magister. See you soon, sweetie.
- I have a Jennie-for-pres facebook page now, courtesy of tajasel.
- Mat is making vanilla buns and they smell awesome.
- I am a bit stunned by how quickly people have started publicly declaring for presidential candidates when nominations haven't even closed yet, let alone made a proper pitch, but I suppose that's the nature of the beast. I should clarify that I am not going to be offended by anyone, even Mat, voting for someone else; it's entirely possible that I won't get my own first preference (assuming I get the noms) because I'm going to decide after hearing what people's pitches are who I think is going to be best for the job. I just don't understand the mindset that has made a final decision on who to vote for already, even though I understand that there's probably more people with that mindset than with mine.
- Speaking of getting the noms, given that each candidate must collect the signatures of 200 voting reps, and each rep can only sign one person's form, that means that over half of the expected 1500 voting reps will be signing someone's form. That's a lot more than (for e.g.) would be needed if we could all go around signing each other's...
- I have to timetable what I am doing at Conference. This is going to be even more conflicty than usual...
- There's not enough time in the world to do all the stuff I need to do RIGHT NOW