Saturday, July 16th, 2011 08:18 pm
- V busy at work for the next couple of weeks, so blogging may be light.
- Almost as soon as I posted the other day that I was ready to start writing for Lib Dem Voice again, McGruder died. And I think this time she may be beyond dragging out of her grave. So, you know, for a while I shall have to fight Mat for computer time, and, uh, blogging may be light.
- Watched Crotchw00t the other day. It felt like GenericUSTVDrama #792, and not like Crotchw00t at all, and I wasn't that sold on Crotchw00t in the first place. That said, I shall probably still watch it, mainly for the fun of shouting "but that's bollocks!" at it when they make technical legal and political errors, of which there were many.
- I am still undecided about what comics to get when the DCnU kicks in in September (except Batwoman, obvs). However, part of the reason I'll still be getting at least some is so that I can keep reading the stellar DC Women Kicking Ass on tumblr: two reasons why are here and here.
- On Orange Wednesday this week, it was Holly's turn to choose, and she picked Kung Fu Panda 2. And you know what? I really enjoyed it. Angelina Jolie, Michelle Yeo and Lucy Liu are all ace, but the praying Mantis was my favourite (
You guys, I never thought I would I would die like this. I thought I'd meet a nice girl, settle down, she'd bite my head off...). Sure, there is Generic British Bad Guy and Jack Black is... well, Jack Black in Panda form, but it has many redeeming features, and a female director.