Fresh Squeezings From the veins of the Internet
- Alan Johnson's Nutt Sack is still causing ructions. Nature has a particularly scathing article on it, in which they say that
Britain's politicians can't cope with intelligent debate. Ben Goldacre's post today is also illuminating. I choose to take some hope from the fact that Lord Drayson has broken cover on this, though.
- How you react to problems with gadgets may be partly determined by gender. I'm posting this simply because it's one of those rare things where I fall down on the female side rather than the male. If something goes wrong with a gadget I own, I will read the instruction book and google before I start asking other people to help.
- Nine Lessons and Carols for Godless People looks like it's going to be awesome again this year. Sadly, there's not a cat in hell's chance I'll be able to go.
- Pope-shits-in-the-woods news: many of the games on facebook and myspace are there to fleece you of money. Is anyone actually surprised by this?
- Moonbat has an interesting column today. I would insert the word "alone" in the title, though.
I'm starting the polls on Monday, so if you have ideas for nominations for my blog awards, go and nominate people now!
This blog is proudly sponsored by