|miss_s_b (miss_s_b) wrote,|
@ 2009-05-04 01:54 pm UTC
|Entry tags:||meme, the blood is the life|
- The Yorksher Gob has been awarded what I assume will be it's final . Farewell, the good ship Gob. You did me proud and got me noticed, but today is the day you will be packed away for good.
- Charlotte Gore posts something I am in complete agreement with shocker!
- The Hathor Legacy has a marvellous post on Margaret Meldrew. Yes, THAT Margaret Meldrew.
- Next time someone asks you where all the female bloggers are in that patronising way the male bloggers who ignore us do? Point them here. LJ, the blog platform I grew up on, has a similar profile AFAIK. It's not that we're not here, boys. It's that you're not looking at us. However, with bloggers like innerbrat and the Award-winning Mortimer and awesomegore among our ranks this is going to get harder and harder for you to do. Don't say you weren't warned.
- A kid's book I would NEVER buy for Shrubby, but possibly one I will show her in a few years' time so she can gaze at it in absolute horror. (thanks for the link, Steph)
- Those lots of you who are migrating over to Dreamwidth at the moment might want to look at my profile for lots of communities to join and feeds to add. There's a limit on community creation at the moment because of cybersquatters, but I got in there before the limit was put in ;)
Holly from Red Dwarf.
Holly famously has an IQ of 6,000: the same as approximately 12,000 Gordon Browns.
Yes, OK, Dave Sutch is dead. But he understood two things that Gordon clearly doesn't: politics is better when you're taking the piss out of it; and it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll. And OK, he wouldn't be a very active PM; but this would mean he couldn't cock things up as much as Gordon has
Because, as I have said many times before, you can never have too many huge beardy Yorkshiremen, who swear deafeningly at the drop of a hat and call everyone luvvie. You've got to admit, imagining Brian at an EU summit brings a smile to the face: YOU WANT TO DO WHAAAAAAAAAAT TO THE FARMING SUBSIDY?!?!?eleventy?!!
She might be fictional, but she runs an enormous family (and most of a country) already. And she has appropriately Liberal attitudes to sex.
He has the proper respect for Skience, and he has the first decently Prime Ministerial hairstyle we will have seen in well over a century.
Paddy used to be James Bond, as near as dammit, which means he will be valuable on the international scene. And he can kill a man with one finger. And he'll be a hit with all these lay-dee world leaders that are appearing on the scene recently. Except maybe the Icelandic one.
Shrubby would subject us all to daily state broadcasts of Batman, and would make reading for several hours a day and going to sleep listening to radio 3 compulsory for all. The IQ of the nation would increase inexorably as a result, and we'd be back to ruling the world. And her party political broadcasts would be AWESOME!
She might be crazy, scheming, and evil, but at least she doesn't pretend she's not.
Yes, I know Charlotte already picked her, but she is awesome. Imagine her unleashing her Gurkha War Cry on our enemies? Oh yeah! And she was the first female Doctor Who, so she wins automatically.
Liz, my boss.
There would be some pretty radical changes to the tax structure if Liz was in charge (free beer and fags for all, and 500% tax on crap food, I suspect) but I reckon Liz could be a success along Churchillian lines if she put her mind to it.
My dog Roxy.
She's got media-friendly looks, she's enthusiastic about EVERYTHING, and she understands the value of a Mini Cheddar, therefore giving her a better grasp of the economy than Gordon Brown. And she has Byron to back her up if things get hairy.
And because no meme is complete without tagging people who would really rather you didn't to complete it, I hereby nominate The Award-Winning Mortimer to give her picks. And anyone else who wants to, really.
# of emails still to read: 97
# of websites to work on: 6
# of blog posts I am committed to write that I haven't written yet: 11
# of logos to design: 3
Amount of shit to put up on eBay: approx 1 million metric fucktonnes.
Best get back to it then...