Some of these are from my own RSS list, some are from Geek Feminism or The Hathor Legacy, some are from andrewducker, and a couple are from Caron.
- Feministy Stuff:Confronting sexism works, apparently.
Have you seen the ruckus about the stereotypical female characters flow-chart? If you haven't, I would recommend this post by bossymarmalade, this one by lizbee and this one by lanning to get a flavour of my feelings.
There's a new(ish) feminist blog called Bad Reputation which you should all be reading, and not just because my friends are contributing to it.
I found this episode of Analysis on radio 4 fascinating - there's comment on it on the f-word here.
If women want equal rights we should just take them - I see some problems with this attitude, chiefly victim-blaming (for another example, see here), but the article is interesting.
- LGBT stuff: tajasel on why she did not participate in national coming-out day.
- Westminster Bubble stuff: Churnalism is alive and well at the BBC.
Tom King on the child benefit cuts.
The report of the Equality and Human Rights Commission entitled How Fair is Britain?
Early intervention in
problem familiescould save the taxpayer lots of money.
Minister backs high-speed rail link to Leeds! YAY!
- Fandom Stuff: The 14 best title cards from Batman: the animated series features the title cards from both mine (Almost Got 'Im) and Holly's (Harley and Ivy) favourite episodes.
- Funny stuff: What happens when you get a gay man to star in straight porn? Hilarious and touching video, but definitely Not Safe for Work. I think the best bit is when Steve finally manages to penetrate his first ever woman, the other woman gives him a hearty cheer.
John Cleese on extremism: