posted The Blood is The Life 13-12-2013 http://t.co/v3bfOTQsQc on #dreamwidth
- On "Controversial" and "Offensive"
- contender for headline of the day - Axe-men and goldfish enthusiasts among those to escape 5p bag levy
- The boy whose brain could unlock autism. This made SO MUCH sense to me.
- Fashion News, Latest Trends, Catwalk Photos & Designers (Vogue.com UK)
Zen: http://t.co/naxeQTdRqH then press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right then b, then a repeatedly. Seriously, go do it now.
The need for proper Consultation http://t.co/SAOvWg6F94 #Calderdale
Tory and UKIP MEPs fail to condemn female genital mutilation http://t.co/2mMSnR5BkG
LMAO @matgb now going through ALL the conde Nast magazines. http://t.co/WdYSOZ78DC may be the funniest so far.
DIMBLEREMINDER: ORDER YOUR DIMBLETAT BEFORE "MONDAY" FOR "CHRISTMAS DELIVERY" http://t.co/PqlC2LRBfV http://t.co/jSBLMIhOQb
posted Welcome to Another Round of SB Has a Ridiculous Ailment: Today, Costochondritis http://t.co/1tgQ2lv6KE on #dreamwidth
@ChobDux You've been quoted in my #Storify story "Costochondritis" http://t.co/FVDvyB6Dxo
- RBS Bank Calls Police to Deal With ‘Threatening’ Pensioners Giving Away Mince Pies
- Louis CK on dating. Hilarious yet serious (h/t @SirPatStew )
Weirdo prefers sex to internet pornography http://t.co/0Nj8C9IKBn
Living in another #EU member state shouldn't cost you your voting rights, says @RTaylor_MEP: http://t.co/JK5iuKNcyw Agree. Lost mine in Aug.
- survey on 20mph limits in Calderdale
#TwiningsGiftIdea Luxury Tea Gift Box with 2 Tea Cups - 1 FREE £23.80 plus FREE (UK) Delivery http://t.co/KAXYuqJMjn http://t.co/DxV6PEFfue
See, having talked about it I had to go find it. Still the sexiest music video I have ever seen https://t.co/UJSrRf5mhC
@smilerkp pick yourself some colours out: http://t.co/Vi0xvPaYo3 all the same brand is probably best. @A_C_McGregor
Ways to please a lady… This probably explains the rampant lesbianism of 50's housewives... http://t.co/E0f96D5QQ6
We'll know, won't we? Stars'll explode in the sky! But they don't, do they? Stars have their moment, & then they die. http://t.co/EgEZA6xuBH
- Inception Cat: A Cat Within a Cat [Pic]
Meet the cat with a cat on his back http://t.co/RMcurJFoUn http://t.co/1h22USpvgL
- Sky web filter blocks news sites - TorrentFreak pulled onto blacklist
One from earlier in the year, for people who think that web censorship will stop with porn. http://t.co/5bqwFAsznH #CensoredUK
posted The Blood is The Life 03-12-2013 http://t.co/7iiud3u8gI on #dreamwidth
- When is it appropriate to gender things?
short answer: very very rarely indeed.
- The 10 Worst Product Names in PC History (Spedo Advanced Package LMAO)
- British wage-earners have taken £5,000 pay cut in five years
- How do ordinary voters see the UK's political parties? V long & exclusively lab/tory but well worth a read.
"Our question, ‘What is Labour’s vision for Britain?’, met a full 10 seconds of silence, as 12 voters looked around the room to see if anyone else had an idea. In Harlow Keith finally broke the silence: ‘I wonder – maybe that’s just us all not paying enough attention to the news, or maybe they just don’t actually have one.’"
- BBC News - UK education: Average won't do
" It is striking that the UK spends 18% more than the OECD average schooling each child aged between six and 15, for an outcome that is totally average, which rather implies there is something wrong in the schools themselves. The only positive thing to say about the UK is that the waste of education resources is not as bad - apparently - as in the US, which spends 17% more per student than we do for results that are even worse than ours."
- No girls allowed | Polygon
- Boris Johnson fails live 'IQ test' *snerk*
- Lambeth night bus attack: 26-year-old arrested after gang of laughing men kick woman unconscious following argument over her dress
Uh, Independent, why is the word 'attacked' in air quotes? She was attacked. End of. http://t.co/at8Vj49vCq
- Julian Huppert MP writes…Tackling child abuse online: Doing what works
Bradford MP hits back in Roma dispute http://t.co/uEoAsDOZJO
Defy y'all to even see the title of this and not have the urge to sing along http://t.co/jgJUW7ujKa which is problematic on the bus...
Not the best track to be listening to when being tech support for mother http://t.co/RBjM0pGZSb
- BBC News - Charity Commission criticised by spending watchdog
posted The Blood is The Life 02-12-2013 http://t.co/n2VgVqoGJy on #dreamwidth
New Blog Post - Diageo Re-launches Mortlach Distillery with 4 new permanent expressions: http://t.co/Vvo8lTFZiZ
Rock cheese playlist is proper coming up trumps today ♡ http://t.co/LrRqzzfB76
Ahhhhhhh rock cheese ♡ http://t.co/ALQnMyXNWH
- Tom Daley's coming out shouldn't matter – but it does, and it's beautiful – Telegraph Blogs
"It's not viable, though, pretending to be something you're not – not in practice. It might just about work for a while, in theory, and particularly when you're alone. But it's not possible to be in love and not wish to share that fact. Indeed, it would be an obscenity to demand that harmless young people in love should keep the best thing about being alive a secret, as though they're ashamed of being human." - +1 to that, Torygraph.
- Christian coffee shop becomes laughing stock as Kirk lashes out | Deadline News
- Fiunally a definitive answer to that "how many times can you fold a flat thing" question
- How Jon Snow dissing the PlayStation 4 explains why no one cares you can't afford a house
- I am not a “Liberal Democrat” | Chris Smith
I am. And yeah, I worry about how we fight the (largely media driven, although certainly partially self-caused) tide of loathing. I think it's worse for us BECAUSE we were percieved as different before... :/
- Please, Scotland, vote Yes and take us northerners with you | Ian Martin | Comment is free | The Guardian
"Well I'm sick of being English. I want to take my fierce sense of national pride somewhere else. I am dissatisfied with my current patriotism services provider and I want a new one. I want to be Scottish. I want to celebrate the working class, not disdain it." - I could be tempted, I really could.
UKIP now have enough financial firepower to win the European elections. Take a stand with us: http://t.co/ByKJJQyyj8 http://t.co/q8ZgYbQRhQ
*submits Xmas present ideas to @Caronmlindsay for LDV gift list* As per, picked stuff off my own wishlist... http:// http://t.co/9821Fqyhcd
Paging @A_C_McGregor: this may pique your interest: The Opportunity Costs of HS2 http://t.co/LyCraGKjYn by @CllrJWhitehouse on @Libdemvoice
I've been nominated for the @winterprideuk "personality of the year" award! http://t.co/tRBYANnHo0
- Error Messages for Writers
(the next to last one works for most people IMHO, not just writers. Or is that just me? #paranoiaspike)
- Batman Dark Knight Tumbler Golf Cart Sale Ebay
FAO @BradfordBatman http://t.co/N4Z21aFrmH
*introduces Douglas to this http://t.co/JUITYogVoT * VVVV NSFW
- 10 Forgotten Facts About Classic Cartoon Characters - Listverse
Goofy had a human wife... GOOFY HAD A HUMAN WIFE O_o
- Have you been good this year? Check your Social etiquette with Social Santa
Not sure about some of the words this counts as swearing... But apparently I deserve presents so YAY. http://t.co/WRNuUtXDYn
New LGBT network for European Liberals launched http://t.co/mPInnRBFJ6 via @pinknews
posted Guest Post: haggis continues the Body Confidence Topic http://t.co/UbXtvVkazc on #dreamwidth
Photo: Lenses, Cinema Museum #London #museum http://t.co/vieAEAD36W
- Domestic violence services 'at breaking point'
BBC News - Domestic violence services 'at breaking point' http://t.co/BMZpPPnJgC
- Never let the facts get in the way of a good story eh? : pinktape.co.uk
- Report: ‘clear correlation’ between schools’ religious selection and socio-economic exclusivity | Rationalist Association